- This event has passed.
Brownwater University Fall 2019
October 29, 2019 @ 8:30 am - October 31, 2019 @ 12:00 pmFree
BROWNWATER UNIVERSITY is an educational conference bringing together stakeholders across all facets of brownwater operations in the Western Gulf. Listen to panels on topics such as equipment & personnel, operations, navigation safety, and ship & barge interactions, and try your hand at a pushboat simulator.
For the past decade, marine transportation stakeholders in conjunction with the U.S. Coast Guard in the Houston region, have developed and presented a two-day curriculum covering:
- U. S. Coast Guard regulatory practices;
- The Business of Towing;
- Role of regional and national stakeholder organizations;
- Brownwater vetting requirements;
- U.S. Coast Guard waterways management issues.
The material is presented by professionals from local U. S. Coast Guard units and inland towing operator personnel. An optional half-day of simulator time is expected to be offered to all attendees.
WHO can and should attend?
- One-half of the attendees are U. S. Coast Guard personnel from local and regional units and the remaining half are from marine transportation companies. The newest of employees or most-seasoned of Captains are welcome. All that is required is an interest to understand the perspective of the individuals presenting the material and the ensuing discussions. Attendance slots are on a first-come-first-serve basis given space limitations.
COST? FREE: Thanks to the generosity of local stakeholders, the only expense is your time. But you must register!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A healthy dialogue between industry personnel and the U. S. Coast Guard;
- Insight into towing company business drivers;
- The operational intricacies of navigating tows on the world’s longest and most complex inland waterway system!
Questions: Call Jim Stark, GICA 901-490-3312 or email at email@example.com