About Brownwater University
For the past decade, marine transportation stakeholders in conjunction with the U.S. Coast Guard in the Houston region, have developed and presented a two-day curriculum covering:
- U. S. Coast Guard regulatory practices;
- The Business of Towing;
- Role of regional and national stakeholder organizations;
- Brownwater vetting requirements;
- U.S. Coast Guard waterways management issues.
The material is presented by professionals from local U. S. Coast Guard units and inland towing operator personnel. An optional half-day of simulator time is offered to all attendees.
Who can attend?
One-half of the attendees are U. S. Coast Guard personnel from local and regional units and the remaining half are from marine transportation companies. The newest of employees or most-seasoned of Captains are welcome. All that is required is an interest to understand the perspective of the individuals presenting the material and the ensuing discussions. Attendance slots are on a first-come-first-serve basis given space limitations.
What will it cost?
FREE: Thanks to the generosity of local stakeholders, the only expense is your time. Registration is required.
What can I expect?
- A healthy dialogue between industry personnel and the U. S. Coast Guard;
- Insight into towing company business drivers;
- The operational intricacies of navigating tows on the world’s longest and most complex inland waterway system!
Check the Calendar for upcoming sessions.